Welcome to the Northumberland District ATV Riders Club
The Northumberland District ATV Riders Club is a club for ATV riders and enthusiasts located in Northumberland County with 330 kilometers of trails to enjoy and are side by side friendly.
Our club was formed on April 1, 2006 and has continued to grow steadily to over 350 members. We are under the umbrella of the Ontario Federation of ATVs which is a volunteer led organization, with the goal of providing safe, legal and sustainable trails across the province. We are affiliated with the OFATV and reciprocate trail passes with all ATV clubs affiliated with the OFATV . Clubs under this umbrella can be found on the OFATV website OFATV.org. We are determined to get an Ontario wide provincial trail pass system.
We have 330 kilometres of trails mapped and signed, throughout Cramahe, Alnwick-Haldamand, and Trent Hills Township and have obtained private landowner agreements where necessary. Our clubhouse is located at the edge of the Northumberland County Forest, right in the heart of the trail system. We are continuing to map and build additional trails throughout Northumberland County and will strive to link these trails to neighboring trails. We have obtained road-use by-laws for all legally required use of un-assumed and un-maintained roads to link trails.
We are a very active club holding rides, card/dice nights, clubhouse camping, garbage pickups, GPS courses, fundraising events and more planned for what promises to be another exciting year.
Visit our Facebook page Northumberland District ATV Riders Club and check out our calendar page often for upcoming events!
NDATV’s Board of Directors
Dave Sheppard, Vice President
Patti Sheppard, Secretary, Webmaster
Kim McKeen, Treasurer
Al Chapman, Trail Maintenance
Steven Fleming, Apparel
Wayne Hodgson, Ride Coordinator
Don Sayles, Program Director
Jim Taylor, Warden Coordinator
NDATV Corporation Bylaws are available here.
To develop and maintain a safe trail system, provide education and enjoyable social events for all terrain vehicle riders and their families in Northumberland County. To respect the environment, landowner rights, Ontario ATV laws and provide an example and voice for safe and responsible riding for all terrain vehicle riders.
- I will be a good sports person. I recognize that many people will judge all ATV owners by my actions. I will use my influence with other ATV owners to promote responsible conduct.
- I will maintain clean trails and use areas. I will work to safeguard clean and pure streams and lakes. I will ensure my ATV use has the lowest possible impact on the environment. I will safeguard living trees, shrubs, and other natural features.
- I will respect other people’s property and rights.
- I will lend a helping hand when I see someone in distress.
- I will make my vehicle and myself available to assist in emergency situations.
- I will recognize the rights of other user groups.
- I will energetically strive to bring other recreation participants to recognize and respect my rights as an ATVer by explaining my needs and, at the same time, listening to their needs.
- I will learn and obey all federal, provincial, and municipal rules regulating the operation of ATV’s in areas where I use my vehicle. I will inform public officials, as required, when using public lands.
- I will not harass wildlife, and will become aware of protected or sensitive areas.
- I will use marked trails, and areas open to ATV’s. I will not travel where prohibited.
- I will not ride under the influence of non prescription drugs or alcohol.
- I will always wear required safety equipment while operating my ATV.
Come explore and be part of our club by also becoming a member!