The Hastings ride was held on November 4th, 2017, beginning at 10 am from the NDATV clubhouse.
Great turn out for this event, as we had 52 bikes attend. Rode to Hastings for lunch, where the group split up to enjoy lunch at various places. After lunch we made our way back to the clubhouse ending the ride around 4 pm. Even with 52 bikes, the “shuffle the deck” method of riding worked out well. Great to see so many riders!
Pictures of the ride, are available here.
In 2015, NDATV was involved with the Trent Hills council in creating an ATV Road Use Bylaw. We were successful in being granted a one year trial period with the new Bylaw. On Saturday July 25th, NDATV did a ride for the first time to Campbellford, Hastings and Warkworth from our clubhouse.
Once again we were active in trail maintenance by clearing trees that fell on our trails, putting up trail signs, repairing bridges and participating in the annual Earth Day Mayor’s Garbage Cleanup Challenge. We also scheduled a maintenance course and Mike T. once again taught members on how to use GPS.
We held a Potluck Supper and Euchre Tournament and Landowner thank you night. We also collected toys for the Northumberland Giving Tree again.
In this year, NDATV held six Director meetings, two General Membership Meetings, ten event rides including our Pancake Breakfast, Scavenger Hunt, Corn Roast/Night Ride/Campfire and Poker Runs.
In 2014, NDATV lost one of our founding members. Cheryl Turk pasted away on Sunday September 28th, 2014. Besides being a driving force in forming the club she was our Secretary and Membership person. It’s her activities that was responsible for the club having a clubhouse. She will be missed.
NDATV was once again active in trail maintenance by clearing trees that fell on our trails, putting up trail signs and participating in the annual Earth Day Mayor’s Garbage Cleanup Challenge. We scheduled a CPR course, a maintenance course and once again Mike T. taught members on how to use a GPS.
In May we had our clubhouse grand opening and our charity poker run with the proceeds going to our charity the Northumberland Food for Thought Student Nutrition Program. We also held the first ever NDATV family day. We also collected unwrapped toys this year and donated them to the Northumberland Mall Giving Tree.
We held a Potluck Supper and Euchre Tournament and Landowner thank you night, held eight Director meetings, two General Membership Meetings, thirteen event rides including our Scavenger Hunt, Pancake Breakfast, and Poker Runs.
On Sunday October 15th, 2017 NDATV held it’s fall General Membership meeting. Mike Ainsworth opened the meeting and introduced the NDATV executive and board members. We had 27 members attend the meeting.
The key points of the meeting were:
- Scott Shepperdson has been appointed 2nd Vice President of OFATV and can no longer hold the position of NDATV’s OFATV Representative. Dave Sheppard volunteered to be the prime NDATV’s OFATV Representative and Steve Fleming volunteered to be the backup NDATV’s OFATV Representative.
- Scott provided an OFATV update and news report. Key items were the OFATV’s online loyalty program starting January 2018 where a member can save $25 if they renew before their pass expires. OFATV will send the member an email a month before and again two weeks before their pass expires. Currently OFATV members can ride in the province of New Brunswick. OFATV is negotiating with Manitoba, Quebec, Nova Scotia and PEI. OFATV is negotiating with Backroad Mapbooks if its members can get discounts on the GPS chips and books published with Backroad Mapbooks as they have all of OFATV’s club trails on their maps. Scott brought up the interesting fact that Ontario has over 310,000 registered ATVs/Side by Sides and OFATV only has 3,100 members… only 1% of ATV owners!
- ATV Road Use Bylaws presentations were prepared for Hamilton, Cramahe Townships and Brighton. The Hamilton Township for the third time rejected having an ATV Road Use Bylaw. This is unfortunate but no longer worth our effort in dealing with their current council. Cramahe Township presentation was exactly the opposite and well received. Brighton’s presentation will be presented in the near future. Mike A. mentioned that he will be going to Alnwick/Haldimand council this year.
- Mike A. mentioned that 2018 will be our major fundraiser for the Northumberland Food for Thought Student Nutrition Program. The new board will need to look into reaching more members to be involved and to work on making this fundraising event successful.
- Kim presented the treasurer’s report and our NDATV auditor’s audit of the financial books found them to be in order.
- Dan presented the warden’s and the webmaster’s report. Dan explained the difference between the our public image of the website containing our news blog and our static information pages versus our Facebook group as our member’s social media where members can post their messages and news. Dan mentioned that this is the time of year we clean up our news postings and photo albums to create space for the upcoming year’s events. If you want to download a particular picture(s) off the website you have until the end of October. We are also looking into creating a new website design the beginning of 2018.
- Dan introduced five changes to the NDATV Corporate Bylaws which were approved by the members present at the meeting. Once all directors have signed off on the document, the Bylaws will be uploaded to the website.
- Under New Business a member brought up the point that we need more lead time for scheduling work on the trails such as bridge repair. It would help if these events could be planned in advance and added to the NDATV event schedule. The new board will look into this when planning the 2018 events. It was ;also mentioned that NDATV should participate in the Apple Blossom Festival. The new board will look into festivals and other town’s events in which NDATV should have a presence and add it to the NDATV schedule.
- As this is an election year the current NDATV board was dissolved. As only 11 members volunteered as directors and as our board is made up of 11 directors, no ballots were necessary. The members present approved the nominees.
Your new NDATV Board: