Know your Machine
- Check your oil level and top it up if necessary.
- Check your tire pressure and inflate to manufacturers recommendations.
- Start every ride with a full tank of gas.
The donor vehicle must not be running.
- Shut off the engine
- Put the keys in you pocket to avoid any current spikes.
- CAA of donor battery does not matter
“What is the reasoning behind these tips?”
Basically, its safe, to boost your ATV using a vehicle’s battery as long as the vehicle’s engine is not running, and assuming nothing else is wrong with your ATV but a dead battery. Always confirm that the charging system is performing properly.
Note: Remember that your ATV’s charging system is not meant to be a battery charger, it is designed to maintain a battery charge. Always replace a defective battery ASAP to avoid any charging system concerns.